1. The Minister of Defence of the Republic of Cyprus, Charalambos Petrides, the Minister of National Defence of the Hellenic Republic, Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos, and Major General Yousef Al-Hnaity, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, met in Nicosia on the 1st of December 2021. This was the first Trilateral Defence Ministers meeting between the three countries, initiating a defense cooperation.
2. The Ministers highlighted that the trilateral defence cooperation is based on the principles of the Joint Statement of the Third Trilateral Summit of Hellenic Republic - Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan – Republic of Cyprus on July 28th 2021.
3. The Ministers agreed on establishing a Joint Committee to prepare and arrange for future meetings and signing of a trilateral cooperation program which will include military exercises and training of their Air Force, Navy and Special Forces.
4. The Ministers reiterated their commitment to further strengthen international and regional efforts to combat terrorism and radicalization.
5. The Ministers agreed to hold the next Trilateral Defence Ministers’ Meeting in Jordan in 2022.